Theme UI is designed to work seamlessly with MDX, a format allowing you to write JSX in your Markdown files & use Markdown files as React components. This makes it easy to style text content with Theme UI and add themed, interactive components like charts or sliders to content without writing prose in JSX.
While many Theme UI projects use MDX, as of
v0.15 it’s not included in the
theme-ui package to reduce bundle size. Install the
theme-ui to use MDX with Theme UI.
npm i @theme-ui/mdx @mdx-js/react
- Styling MDX Content Overview of using Theme UI components with MDX
- Themed Use Theme UI text styles outside MDX directly
- MDX Components Add custom React components to the MDX
- MDX Layout Components Use Theme UI to create MDX layouts
- Syntax Highlighting Add syntax highlighting to MDX code blocks
- Linked Headings Add linked headings to MDX
For the full API reference,
@theme-ui/mdx package docs.